My dad, like many fathers, never seems to suffer from a shortage of jokes and ridiculous puns. They're the kind that make you cringe when he tells them in public because they're just that corny. Once, when I was 16, one of my friends accidentally stepped on my dad’s foot. My friend apologized, and my dad replied, "Oh, it's OK, I only walk on the bottoms, so you can walk on the tops." Daaaaaad.
However embarrassing, I secretly love my dad's puns and jokes — but I would never actually tell him that. So, instead, I like to buy or make him pun-filled cards for Father's Day. It's a subtle way of acknowledging just how much his humor means to me (without actively encouraging him to break out the jokes around my friends). A good pun will not only make your dad smile, but will let him know that you plan to walk in his goof-joke-filled footsteps (to the horror of your loved ones and colleagues).
Here are some eye roll-worthy puns to put on a card (or tell your dad via Zoom!) for Father’s Day.
Puns To Show You Care
- Dad, you're a really fungi.
- Like a whiteboard, you're remarkable.
- It's knot a tie, you're my favorite.
- Dadgum! Why are you so great?
- It's plane to sea you're the best dad.
The Corniest Of Funny Puns
- You're dad to the bone.
- Hope you have a fan-stache-tic Father's Day.
- I hope you don't ske-dad-dle anytime soon!
- You're the reel deal — as a dad and a fisherman.
- You're the cat's meow — and I'm not lion.
The Best (Worst?) Food Puns
- You're nacho average dad.
- I think you're a pretty big dill.
- It sounds cheesy, but you're the gratest.
- You can't be beet.
- I could never wine about you, dad.
- As a grillmaster and a dad, you're a rare find.
You Might Also Like