Bachelor Creator Mike Fleiss Says Khloé Kardashian Didn't Make the Cut to Be the Next Bachelorette

Robyn Merrett

The Bachelor creator Mike Fleiss is once again bringing up Khloé Kardashian‘s name while talking about who will be the next Bachelorette.

However while previously Fleiss suggested the newly single reality star would be a great choice, on Tuesday he rather cruelly said she was not Bachelorette material.

“@KhloéKardashian didn’t make the Top Five… #TheBachelorette,” Fleiss tweeted alluding that Khloé, 34, wasn’t one of the final choices to be the star in the next season of The Bachelorette.

The dig comes after the tv producer, 54, teased the idea of Khloé handing out roses on the famous franchise after it was revealed that her ex-boyfriend Tristan Thompson allegedly hooked up with family friend Jordyn Woods.

“@khloekardashian is very much in contention… Stay tuned!” he wrote on Feb. 20 after asking fans for their input about who should lead the next season.

“Any decision regarding @khloekardashian as the new #TheBachelorette will need to be approved by my dear friend @KrisJenner …” he wrote, later adding that he’s “in contact” with Kris Jenner about the proposition.

Khloé’s big sister Kim Kardashian West was quick to shut down the speculation writing, “Fake f—— news big time!!!!”

Fleiss questioned her knowledge of the situation, writing, “How would @KimKardashian know??? This is between me and @KrisJenner — and most importantly @khloekardashian !!!”

Kim, 38, shared a screenshot from a text thread with Kris, 63, and Khloé in which both denied having anything to do with The Bachelorette.

“No lol,” wrote Kris.

“Ewwww I mean put some respeck [sic] on my name,” replied Khloé.

Mike Fleiss and Khloé Kardashian

Khloé then confronted Fleiss on Twitter and even threatened legal action against him for using her name as “clickbait.”

“I’m not f—ing clickbait right now,” Kardashian wrote on Twitter Saturday. “Stop or you will be hearing from my lawyers. How insensitive!!”

After Khloé weighed in, Fleiss said that his goal was not to create clickbait, as she called it, but rather to simply help “people find true love — nothing more!!!”

“One of the things we look for in choosing #TheBachelorette is a great sense of humor… Might be time to look elsewhere,” he added.

Khloé has yet to respond to Fleiss’ latest tweet.

On Monday, a source told PEOPLE Khloé is “doing okay” — but certainly won’t be jumping back into the dating scene anytime soon following Thompson’s scandal with Woods, 21.

Khloé Kardashian

“She just needs time,” says the source. “It’s going to take so long for her to rebuild trust with anyone.”

“This is the second time this has happened,” adds the source, referencing Thompson’s first cheating scandal. The basketball player made headlines last April when photos and videos surfaced of him getting close to other women just days before Kardashian gave birth to their daughter True.

RELATED: Khloé Kardashian Shares Sweet New Photos of True Amid Tristan Thompson Drama: ‘Future So Bright’

Though she initially forgave him, they had been living apart since the fall and an insider recently told PEOPLE that things “never really went back to normal” between the couple.

“It will take her a long time to date again,” says the source. “A significant amount of time.”

Part 2 of The Bachelor‘s finale airs Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.