Jaime Laing has said he is thrilled he will get another crack at Strictly Come Dancing after being forced to pull out of the competition last year.
The Made In Chelsea star was injured just days before the BBC series was due to kick off in 2019 and was replaced by former Emmerdale actor Kelvin Fletcher, who went on to win the competition.
Laing and EastEnders actress Maisie Smith appeared on This Morning today as they were confirmed as being among the line-up.
Laing said he was “over the moon” to have another chance to show people what he could do.
“I couldn’t be more excited,” he said.
We left the ballroom door open for his return. Now it’s finally Jamie Laing's chance to dance and make it past the #Strictly launch show! 😘— BBC Strictly ✨ (@bbcstrictly) September 3, 2020
👉 https://t.co/6dYpninRDK @JamieLaing_UK pic.twitter.com/wddAIvFHeJ
Laing said he thought Strictly would be “bigger and better than ever” and just what everyone needs amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Smith, known for playing Tiffany Butcher in EastEnders, told viewers that she could be “the dark horse” in this year’s competition.
The new additions join comedian and actor Bill Bailey, presenter JJ Chalmers, Good Morning Britain presenter Ranvir Singh, Men Behaving Badly star Caroline Quentin, Radio 1 DJ Clara Amfo, former professional American footballer Jason Bell, Max George of boy band The Wanted and boxer Nicola Adams, who will dance in the show’s first same sex pairing.
The 2020 series of Strictly had been hanging in the balance amid the coronavirus pandemic but in June it was announced that it would be back, but with a shorter series, starting in October instead of September.
More celebrity contestants will be confirmed in the coming days.
Strictly judge Craig Revel Horwood reveals how the dance show will film during the pandemic on the latest episode of White Wine Question Time - listen below.