It's hot. Melt your skin off hot. In fact, I don't remember a hotter summer than this. It's the kind of weather that makes me want to lay down in front of an air conditioner all day. If only.
More from The Stir: Your Cosmetics Could Be Boosting Your Risk of Diabetes
Who can stay indoors all day, especially with kids, work, and the endless amount of errands most of us have to run. So I have been on the hunt for the best tips and tricks for staying cool this scorching summer.
Check out these 5 surefire ways to beat the heat:
- Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad. The entire family can chill out with these neck wraps. Just rinse with cool water and wear for hours of comfort. ($13.95, froggtoggs.com)
- Ice your pulse points. Take along a sealed baggie full of ice and periodically rest it on your wrists and temples for a couple minutes every hour. A cold bottle of water will do the trick too.
- Zoku Quick Ice Pop Maker. Store this in your freezer and anytime you want a super-fast, refreshing treat, pour juice into the molds and it freezes in minutes. ($49.95, brookstone.com)
- Battery operated touch fan. The perfect breeze on the go. ($21, safetycentral.com)
- Stay away from spicy foods. You know that burning feeling you get in your mouth when you munch on a pepper? Well your whole body heats up too. When the temps rise, opt for anything else but spicy eats.
More from The Stir: 3 DIY Tips to Protect Your Hair in the Summer Heat
What are your tricks and tips for staying cool this summer?
Image via S J Pinkney/Flickr
More from The Stir: