by Gena Kaufman, Glamour
It is officially the first day of winter which means that fall, my personal favorite season for dating, is over. And unfortunately, it's replaced by the worst three-month period for romance of the year as far as I'm concerned.
Sure, it has its redeeming qualities--romantic ice skating and hot cocoa dates, rosy cheeks, men in scarves (my favorite!)--but it has so many, many more downers in the world of love. From the freezing temperatures to the unfortunate physical side effects, here is a collection of things about winter that make dating just a little less fun:
See more: Cute Boots for Every Budget
1. Unflattering winter coats and layers.
2. No matter how much snuggling and cuddling you do, it's still too cold to really want to take your clothes off.
3. And it's definitely too cold for a sexy peek of skin in your outfit. What am I supposed to attract men with, my wit and charm? (JK. Kind of.)
4. Speaking of skin, winter skin: Pasty, dry, flaky. Sexy!
5. Runny noses.
6. Constant colds.
7. Hat hair.
8. Wet, freezing feet with possibly frostbitten toes.
9. Post-New Year's, we'll be entering the least social season of the year. If you don't have a steady guy, good luck meeting one when you're virtually chained to your couch and space heater for the next three months.
10. And if you do have one, get ready for months of bickering over whose turn it is to choose the Netflix movie and what toppings to get on your third pizza of the week tonight.
11. The awkwardness of starting to date right before Valentine's Day.
12. Your New Year's resolution to drink less, save money, and eat healthy is really going to interfere with all your best dating plans.
13. Trying to shave your legs over goosebumps in the shower.
14. Seasonal affective disorder.
See more: 60 Winter Nail Polish Ideas
Blech! Clearly not everyone will agree with me. For instance, as you might have noticed above, stock photos seem to only portray happy adorable people during winter. But I bet underneath that smile, she's thinking, "I don't even know how it is possible to be freezing and simultaneously sweating through half these layers, but I can tell you I've never felt less in the mood."
Agree or disagree about winter being the worst season for dating? What do you like/hate about it? And what's your favorite season for dating?
More from Glamour:
The Best Coat for Your Body
10 Hot Date-Night Outfits (According to Guys)
10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
28 Ways Sex and the City Would Be Different If It Were On TV Now