Remember when you were a teenager and you'd make out for hours? Literally hours. You'd emerge from that first base make out sesh looking like you've been through a war. A sexy war. And it was good.
While it's likely the most open mouth action you get these days is from your slobbery toddler, it doesn't have to be that way. What are you waiting for? Check our these nine fun facts about kissing. Then grab your partner and kiss like you mean it!
1. A whopping two-thirds of people tilt their head to the right when they kiss.
2. Kissing for one minute burns 26 calories. Let's see, a 12 oz. Starbucks Mocha Frapp is 280 calories, so divide that by 26 calories burned per minute of macking, and you've got 10.8 minutes of kissing. Survey says: So totally worth it.
3. It's been proven that a woman can achieve orgasm by kissing.
Related: 5 funny tips for being a good kisser (circa 1942)
4. French kissing involves 34 facial muscles, whereas a peck involves just two.
5. The world record for the longest kiss was recorded in Thailand in February 2012. It lasted 50 hours, 25 minutes and 1 second!
Related: 20 funny excuses women give to get out of sex
6. Kissing causes your brain to release calming neurotransmitters that are proven to reduce stress.
7. The average person spends two weeks of their life kissing. Time well spent, I'll say!
Related: 5 lessons learned from 18 years of marriage
8. Kissing increases saliva in the mouth, which helps fight bacteria, viruses and fungi. Oral care has never been so fun!
9. Men who kiss their wives before heading off to work live up to five times longer!
- By Lori Garcia
Follow Lori at Babble
For 4 more things you never knew about kissing, visit Babble!
MORE ON BABBLE
From nosebleeds to braces: The 20 best first kiss stories
11 hilarious tips for undressing in front of your lover (circa 1937)
5 things ALL women want to hear
8 romantic destinations to cross off your bucket list
20 things ALL women do but hate to admit
Stay connected. Follow Babble on Facebook and Twitter.