Homemade candy is a traditional Christmas gift that will never go out of style. White chocolate, peppermint oil, and a dozen candy canes are all you need to create this easy, colorful Christmas bark. The bark can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week after making.
This recipe makes 2 1/4 pounds or one 11-by-17-inch sheet.
- 2 pounds white chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 large candy canes
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil
See More: 21 Festive Holiday Party Cocktails
1. Line an 11-by-17-inch baking sheet with parchment, and set aside.
2. In the top of a double boiler, melt white chocolate, stirring constantly. If you don't have a double boiler, use a metal bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
3. With a chef's knife or meat tenderizer, cut or pound candy canes into 1/4-inch pieces.
4. Stir pieces of candy canes and peppermint oil into the melted chocolate. Remove from heat, and pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet; spread evenly. Chill until firm, 25 to 30 minutes. Break into pieces, and serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.