Everyone wants to have lean, buff arms for the summer. Celebrities like Jennifer Lopez, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jennifer Aniston all have gorgeous toned arms that look fantastic in a sleeveless top or elegant summer dress. But what are they doing to look so healthy and trim?
Sandy Hanson, personal trainer at The Next Level Training shared some of the top exercises that you can do to have arms like the celebs this summer.
Start with healthy eating
Healthy eating is important for lean, healthy arms. Due to estrogen levels, fat can easily be stored on women’s arms. The best tip is to up your protein intake and get those arms into the gym and eat a well-balanced diet with whole foods. Stick to healthy carbs at night (think lentils, beans, vegetables and fruits) and completely get rid of unhealthy fats. Drink eight glasses of water a day and take vitamins daily.
Warm up your arms before you start
Start with some slow gentle movements which can include:
- Bending side to side for a stretch
- Pushing forward and back, through the shoulder blades and then rounding the shoulders
- Try a standing chest press
- Move the arms in circles, forward and back
- Go into a Child's yoga pose
Top five exercises for lean arms
Check out the video above for more on these five exercises that can help you get celeb-worthy arms in no time.
- Push ups
- Tricep Dips
- Frog fumps
- Plank moving up and down
How to keep your arms lean all summer long
- Drink lots of water – at least eight cups a day. This will help with fat burning and raising your metabolism.
- Make sure you eat your breakfast to keep your metabolism revved up all day long.
- Refuel after your workouts with protein and vegetables
- Stay away from trans fats, hydrogenated fats and high carb foods.
- Do your arm workouts 2-3x a week.