Lucy Hale knows exactly how to add an edgy twist to chic and sophisticated beauty looks.
While at the 10th annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic, the former Pretty Little Liars actress sported a modern take on the classic French braid, incorporating a velvet ribbon. Although Hale recently chopped off her hair, she proves any hair length or type can pull of this hairstyle.
To learn how to achieve this updated version of a French braid, Yahoo Beauty challenged Broome and Beauty owner and stylist Liam Carey to recreate this hairdo on longer hair. Grab your ribbon, bobby pins, and get ready to Copy That!
1. Work a dime-sized amount of dry shampoo such as R+Co Badlands Dry Shampoo Paste into hair to add texture.
2. French braid hair and weave in a velvet ribbon mid-way down to ends. Secure end with clear elastic.
3.French braid opposite side of hair and secure end.
4. Criss-cross braids into a chignon and pin down. Wrap remaining end of ribbon.
5. Tuck ends of braids and secure with bobby pins.
6. Using scissors, clip ends of ribbon to complete look.
Read more from Yahoo Style + Beauty: