Donald Glover’s return as “Star Wars” favorite Lando Calrissian is set to take place on the big screen.
During Thursday’s episode of the “Pablo Torre Finds Out” podcast, Stephen Glover said that he and his brother’s “Lando” project is now being developed as a Lucasfilm movie instead of a Disney+ series, as was first announced back in 2020. Lucasfilm later confirmed the change to Variety.
Stephen Glover, who was previously a writer on FX’s “Atlanta,” didn’t have many details to share about “Lando,” which is on pause amid the writers and actors strikes in Hollywood.
Donald Glover attends GQ's Global Creativity Awards on April 6.
Donald Glover first played Calrissian, a space smuggler turned space baron, in 2018’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story.” Despite the film’s relatively lackluster box office performance, the beloved character got greenlighted for a TV series soon after.
Billy Dee Williams originated Calrissian in 1980′s “The Empire Strikes Back,” before returning to play him in 1983′s “Return of the Jedi.” Decades later, he reprised the role for 2019′s “The Rise of Skywalker.”
Earlier this year, Donald Glover told GQ he was making sure his next Calrissian-related project gets done the right way.
“I’m not interested in doing anything that is going to be a waste of my time or just a paycheck,” the actor said. “We’re talking about it. That’s as much as I can say.”