Update, November 7, 11:35 a.m. ET:
The Penguin turned out to be former View co-host Sherri Shepherd. If you're curious about how all the clues led to Sherri's big reveal, keep on reading for the full explanation. Otherwise, watch the moment Sherri had to "take it off!" below:
Original, November 5, 3:20 p.m. ET:
One of the last season 2 contestants revealed to The Masked Singer viewers is the Penguin. Even though the singing competition series hasn't given us very many clues about the Arctic creature so far, some folks are pretty sure they've figured it out already.
Who is the Penguin on The Masked Singer?
Below is a full list of clues for the Penguin so far:
- The Penguin said "I might be cold as ice, but I'm bringing the heat."
- The Arctic bird said they'll be at the finale and that they "already got my tux."
- The Penguin likes to change their hairstyles.
- At the end of the teaser, the Penguin declared: "Every time you think you're getting warmer, I promise you're getting colder."
- The Penguin has had to "strive for their voice to be heard" and always been told she's "not pretty enough, not smart enough, not funny enough."
- The Penguin doesn't need "a permission slip."
- The Penguin's video package included protestors (one sign read "I'm Not Your Secretary"). The bird is "leading the march."
- The Penguin had a hit list that read "classroom bully, comedy club owner, Hollywood casting director, exes, the press," and "myself."
Top theories and guesses for the Penguin:
Let's begin with the first clue about "bringing the heat." In fact, Toni Braxton, a.k.a. Tamar's sister, named her third studio album The Heat. Therefore, "bringing the heat" could be the Penguin's way of saying she'll be representing her family name in the competition. As far as the tux clue goes, there's plenty of evidence out there that Tamar is a fan of the formal attire. The biggest connection though may be that Tamar flaunted a black tux on her album cover for Love and War in 2013. Apart from that, she was also spotted at WE TV's Braxton Family Values reunion special taping in 2011 wearing a white tux coat. What's more, Tamar has flaunted a lot of different hairstyles over the years, which seems to correlate perfectly to one of the Penguin's clues.
The Penguin's clue about her career ending could be in reference to when Sherri was fired from The View. Sherri has also written a book called Permission Slips: Every Woman's Guide to Giving Herself a Break, which seems to correlate perfectly with the Penguin's clue about not needing a permission slip. What's more, Sherri started out as a legal secretary while struggling to make it as a stand-up comedian.
However, it's important to note that Sherri has denied publicly that she is the penguin.
So, who could it be?
For can't-miss news, expert beauty advice, genius home solutions, delicious recipes, and lots more, sign up for the Good Housekeeping newsletter.
You Might Also Like