Season 7 of Game of Thrones will see worlds collide, as Daenerys Targaryen arrives in Westeros to stake a claim to the Iron Throne. She’ll have to wrest it from Cersei Lannister’s cold, scheming fingers, though. And then there are the Starks, who have finally returned to and regained their family seat in Winterfell. Of course, the greatest threat of all is waiting on the other side of the Wall — the Night King and his army of White Walkers.
As viewers count down the days until the HBO drama’s seventh-season premiere on July 16, Yahoo TV is launching our official countdown: #GoTIsComing. Check back here every day as we give updates on all of your favorite characters, details on an important new location, and a travel guide to the locations of Westeros. So pull on a thick coat and get ready for a long and brutal winter.
Clothes really do make the man (or woman) on Game of Thrones.
The epic drama has a lot going on, from political alliances to emotional betrayals to Red Weddings. And there are a ton of characters, in many different locations, engaged in battles, court intrigue, and even assassin training. So, what they wear and why they wear it can be very revealing details.
Costume designer Michele Clapton created the looks for the first five seasons, several statement outfits for the end of Season 6, and returned to craft the garments to be seen in Season 7.
Over that time, the characters have undergone huge transformations, internally and externally. Click through this slideshow to see what Clapton has said throughout the seasons about the secrets that the costumes of Game of Thrones can tell us.
Game of Thrones Season 7 premieres Sunday, July 16, at 9 p.m. on HBO.
Read more of our #GoTIsComing coverage:
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Preview: What’s Next for the Starks?
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Preview: What’s Next for the Greyjoys?
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7: Everything We Know So Far
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Peril-o-Meter: Who Dies Next?
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Spinoffs: What We Know (and Want)
* ‘Game of Thrones’: What’s the Deal With the Citadel?
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Map: A Catch-Up Guide to Where Everyone Is
* ‘Game of Thrones’: What’s Next For the Greyjoys?
* Every ‘Game of Thrones’ Funko Pop! Doll You Can Buy Right Now
* ‘Game of Thrones’: 14 Times Littlefinger Was. The. Worst.
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Preview: What’s Next For the Starks?
* ‘Game of Thrones’: Ranking the Couples From Eww to #Goals
* ‘Game of Thrones’ World Tour: A Guide to Seven Kingdoms Filming Locations Fans Can Visit IRL