Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) have barely budged at the midday mark as investors are sitting tight for the latest FOMC minutes to be released at 2:00 pm ET. The materials sector (XLB) is the most in the green, as consumer discretionary (XLY) is the least in the red. Keith Bliss of Cuttone & Co. joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance Editor-in-Chief Andy Serwer and Yahoo Finance reporter Melody Hahm.
Today’s Midday Movers discussion topics:
- Investors await Fed Minutes, released at 2:00 pm ET
- Moody’s downgrades China
- Google using credit card data to track purchases
- Amazon’s new NYC bookstore: no cash for purchases
- It could soon be cheaper to rent than buy in some cities
- Serena Williams joins SurveyMonkey board