Jamal Edwards' death was caused by cocaine use, the coroner's report has said.
An inquest was held to look into Edwards' death after his sudden passing at the age of 31 in February earlier this year.
Coroner Ivor Collett said there was evidence of cocaine toxicity in Edwards' body, adding that the cause of death was cardiac arrhythmia following cocaine use.
The coroner confirmed that Edwards' death was drug-related and there was also the presence of alcohol in his body.
In a statement earlier this year, she said: "I have sadly learned that the cause of Jamal's devastating passing was due to cardiac arrhythmia. [This was] caused by having taken recreational drugs and I wanted to address this myself to everyone who loved, admired and respected my son. Since finding out the news I've been in a state of shock, and I am still trying to process it."
Brenda also urged for a more open discussion to be had about drug use: "These types of substances are extremely unpredictable, and we can only hope that this will encourage others to think wisely when faced with similar situations in the future.
"His passing has shown that any one bad decision on any one occasion can lead to devastating consequences. It's so important that we help drive more conversation about the unpredictability of recreational drugs and the impact that they can have - how it takes just one bad reaction to destroy lives."
Jamal Edwards was the founder of SBTV, an online music platform that helped break artists such as Ed Sheeran and Dave.
Edwards started the site when he was given a video camera for Christmas, aged 15.
Watch: Jamal Edwards died of heart attack after taking recreational drugs, says Brenda Edwards