Jessie James and Eric Decker have had their hands full with their three children during quarantine. But the country singer just shared that they dealt with a “freak” accident with their 2-year-old Forrest that landed him in the emergency room.
The 32-year-old took to Instagram on Wednesday to share a sweet photo of her youngest son in the hospital where he was treated for a staph infection that resulted from a bug bite.
“The most freak thing happened. Forrest got a bug bite on his hiney and after a few days somehow it turned into a staph which turned into a boil!” Jessie James wrote on Instagram. “It was like a golf ball it was so hard and he was in so much pain. He got a very high fever and we had to take him to the emergency room late night.”
She went on to explain that she was the only one allowed to accompany Forrest into the hospital while he got sedated and had the boil removed because of protocols from the coronavirus. “He handled it like a champ but it was so sad to see him in so much pain! I could not believe this happened.”
The youngest of the Decker’s three children — including Vivianne, 6, and Eric II, 4 — looks like he’s already recovering as he’s photographed with a popsicle and some entertainment on a tablet in front of him. “He got in an antiobiotic [sic] and that helped big time,” Jessie James wrote, before asking if other parents have experienced the same thing.
The moment is one of many that the mom has been sharing of her family during the pandemic, which has included a number of impromptu outdoor picnics.
Read more from Yahoo Entertainment: