HuffPost has confirmed with Bell’s publicist that she and husband Dax Shepard have decided to waive rent for the month of April for tenants living in buildings the couple owns in Los Angeles.
According to TMZ, the actors own at least two residential buildings in the city and emailed tenants the good news over the weekend, a move that will hopefully help a few people who are experiencing financial hardships right now.
The Economic Policy Institute estimates that 3 million jobs will be lost by this summer.
By affording their tenants a place to stay despite setbacks, Bell and Shepard are also doing their part by supporting social distancing.
On Thursday, California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) announced a statewide order mandating that residents of California — which is home to approximately 40 million people — stay at home except for essential work and errands due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Meanwhile, Bell is continuing to bring smiles to fans’ faces by posting hilarious happenings around her home while her family practices social isolation.
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Coronavirus live updates: Tokyo Olympics delayed; UK begins lockdown
- Why lifting coronavirus restrictions could kill millions
- The world is facing a crucial test this week in flattening the curve
- European governments are taking these unprecedented steps to save jobs
- How to make a face mask that is effective against coronavirus
- How to grocery shop for a quarantine
- How to disinfect your food and your kitchen
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
This article originally appeared on HuffPost.