PYEONGCHANG, South Korea — The inaugural Big Air competition in the Olympics was compelling enough to get First Daughter Ivanka Trump to brave a chilly mountain wind. And snowboarders delivered a memorable performance.
The United States’ Kyle Mack won silver, finishing just behind Canada’s Sebastien Toutant. Red Gerard, hero of the slopestyle way back at the start of the Games, finished fifth, just behind fellow American Chris Corning.
More Olympic coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Wetzel: Canadian hockey apologizes for taking off silver medal. She didn’t need to.
• Casino outside Olympic site is meant for everyone but the South Korean people
• Russian bobsledder who wore anti-doping shirt just failed a doping test
• International movement to save dogs from South Korean meat farms gaining steam
• The shame in Shani Davis snubbing the media was that he didn’t get to tell his incredible story
Jay Busbee is a writer for Yahoo Sports. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or find him on Twitter or on Facebook.