Stocks are slated to start the day in the red as Hurricane Irma looks to cause major destruction in southern Florida. The Category 4 storm is expected to hit Miami late Saturday. Yahoo Finance’s Alexis Christoforous, Jared Blikre, Nicole Sinclair, Jen Rogers, Dan Howley and Rick Newman discuss these and the other big stories we’re covering today.
- Stocks set to open lower as investors brace for Irma
- What Hurricane Irma could mean for stocks
- Earthquake rocks Mexico
- U.S. dollar slides
- Equifax shares plummet after massive cyber attack
- Kroger reports mixed results
- American Outdoor Brands sinks on miss, cuts outlook
- Ralph Lauren upgraded to Outperform by Credit Suisse
- Tesla’s plan for an electric semi-truck
- The best alternatives to Apple’s iPhone
- GM expands its Maven ride-sharing platform
POLL: What do you see as the biggest risk to the stock market?
— Yahoo Finance (@YahooFinance) September 8, 2017