Are you familiar with Salt Bae? No? That’s OK, here’s a quick history lesson.
Turkish chef and restaurateur Nusret Gökçe went viral in January of 2017 with a video entitled “Ottoman Steak” that showed him cutting up steak and sprinkling it with salt in, shall we say, a unique fashion.
See for yourself:
In any event, his salt-sprinkling has become a popular meme, and his generosity to Real Madrid’s players at his restaurant apparently made him persona grata at Saturday’s Champions League final in Kiev, Ukraine.
Here’s Gökçe flanked by Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos and the Champions League trophy itself, re-enacting his signature move after the match:
There are more pictures and videos to be found with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and others on Salt Bae’s Twitter page. We hope you enjoy.
More Champions League final coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Real Madrid wins Champions League for third straight year
• Schaerlaeckens: Real Madrid isn’t always great, but is in finals
• Ronaldo stirs rumors, controversy after Champions League triumph
• Loris Karius apologizes to Liverpool fans after two howlers
• Salah’s World Cup in doubt after shoulder injury