It might be winter, but it wouldn’t be an Olympics without Michael Phelps making news.
And this is the best kind of news.
The gold-medal legend announced on Tuesday that his wife Nicole Johnson Phelps had given birth to the couple’s second son, Beckett Richard Phelps.
The couple’s first son Boomer was born in May 2016 and was one of the stars of the 2016 Rio Games as his dad added five golds and one silver to his record career haul of 28 medals.
Phelps posted a picture of his wife and two #babysharks on Instagram …
… while Nicole posted a picture that got the proud papa in the frame:
Phelps is supposedly retired from swimming, which means Beckett may be a day late and a dollar short when it comes to seeing his dad dominate swimming.
Of course, it’ll be fascinating to see if either boy takes to the water as easily as their dad did. Now that there’s two of them, there’s more than enough to hold a race.
Happy swimming, Phelps family.
More from Yahoo Sports:
• True American story: How Chloe Kim won Olympic gold
• Married pairs figure skaters bring love to Valentine’s Day at the Olympics
• Statues of naked men are the hit of the Olympics
• Skating star Mirai Nagasu used to work in the NHL
• South Korea likely to lose $10 billion hosting 2018 Winter Olympics