Ozzy Osbourne says 'school shootings and massacres' behind decision to leave America: 'It is alarming'

·Editor, Yahoo Entertainment
·3 min read

Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne are opening up about their impending move back to England.

The couple spoke with ABC News on Wednesday about their plans to leave America after over two decades. Ozzy announced their relocation plans from L.A. last month, citing gun violence as a factor.

"It is alarming," the Black Sabbath singer said of the "amount of school shootings and massacres" in the U.S.

Sharon jumped in saying, "Do I feel safe living here without security? No. No way."

Mrs. O previously said she faced death threats after her dramatic The Talk exit in 2021. She was fired from the show after an ugly, on-air argument with co-host Sheryl Underwood. It stemmed from Sharon defending Piers Morgan, who had been dismissive of Meghan Markle's claims that she faced racism in the royal family. Sharon denied being racist and slammed further allegations that followed, calling them "lies."

In a new preview of Sharon's upcoming Fox Nation docuseries To Hell & Back, Sharon said of the death threats, "I had to handle these nutcases threatening me, saying they were going to come in the night, cut my throat, cut my husband's throat, cut my animals up." She blamed the woke mob cancel culture mentality in the U.S. and said it made her want to retreat from the spotlight altogether.

Sharon told ABC News there are other factors behind them packing up and leaving L.A. Another being, "I can't speak for Ozzy, but I want to go home," she said.

After two decades living in America — the beginnings documented on MTV's The Osbournes 20 years ago — they will permanently return to their English country estate in 2023. The move will be documented in another docuseries — BBC's Home to Roost — which will also follow Ozzy's health problems, including a Parkinson's disease diagnosis revealed in 2020 and a debilitating fall the year before.

The couple's three children — Aimee, Jack and a pregnant Kelly — will remain stateside, so they said they will still be visiting regularly. However, they are in the process of unloading their Hancock Park neighborhood mansion, which hit the market, with an $18 million asking price, in July.

The "Crazy Train" singer spoke about his health, having returned to the stage last month for the first time in two years. He'll also help kick off the 2022 NFL season, serving as halftime performer for the L.A. Rams and Buffalo Bills game on Thursday. While he's back on stage, and releasing a new album, Patient Number 9, on Friday, he admitted his mobility is "not great. I have to negotiate everywhere I want to go and I tire easily." A June surgery, to fix metal plates that were rubbing against his spinal cord, improved things "quite considerably," but Sharon called the last three years "soul destroying" at times as she's watched him struggle.

Ozzy insisted he's not giving up though, saying, "When I retire, I'll hear the sound of soil going over my lid. You ain't gonna see the last of me yet."

Sharon also touted the Fox Nation docuseries looking back at The Talk drama. She told ABC News she has "no regrets" over her exit from the CBS talk show, adding there's "no more saying sorry — because I'm not."

Ozzy and Sharon's ABC News interview airs on Nightline Wednesday night at 12:35 a.m. ET.