Piers Morgan vows to 'storm' Good Morning Britain as he returns to ITV studios
Piers Morgan is making his first appearance on ITV after leaving the broadcaster in 2021.
The 57-year-old, who was a co-host alongside Susanna Reid on Good Morning Britain, famously stormed off the morning show in March 2021 following an on-air argument with co-host Alex Beresford over the Duchess of Sussex.
Morgan said he did not believe claims made by Meghan Markle about her mental health during her infamous interview with Oprah Winfrey.
The controversial presenter, who left the ITV following the incident, will return to promote his upcoming show on TalkTV.
Sharing a snap of himself on Twitter with fellow broadcaster Lorraine Kelly, he wrote: "BREAKING: I'll be returning to ITV tomorrow for first time since the Markle Debacle… live & definitely uncensored on @lorraine with the fabulous @reallorraine - should be fun.'
BREAKING: I’ll be returning to ITV tomorrow for first time since the Markle Debacle… live & definitely uncensored on @lorraine with the fabulous @reallorraine - should be fun… (may even storm back onto @GMB while I wait, & get those ratings back up.) pic.twitter.com/BH82Ch2Bgo
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) April 20, 2022
He then added: "May even storm back onto GMB while I wait, & get those ratings back up."
The reaction was mixed, with many of his fans sharing their excitement over the news while his detractors expressed their lack of enthusiasm at the prospect.
Read more: Piers Morgan vows to cancel 'cancel culture' as he launches new TV show Uncensored
Morgan has been promoting his new show on new global channel talkTV from Rupert Murdoch's News Corp, Piers Morgan Uncensored, which launches this week.
When he previously announced details about the show, he said in a statement that he was "forced to leave a job that I loved at the peak of its success for having the audacity to express an honestly held opinion."
"So I’m delighted to now be returning to live television with a new prime-time show whose main purpose will be to cancel culture which has infected societies around the world."
Following his now infamous ITV row, after thousands of complaints were made about the remarks he made regarding Markle’s interview with Oprah Winfrey, he left the show after six years.
His Markle comments were investigated by Ofcom and he was later cleared by the TV watchdog.
Last month, the former newspaper editor marked the one-year anniversary of his departure on Twitter by sharing the video of the incident.
Read more: Piers Morgan shares complaints department address of new show 'to save time'
He captioned it: 'A year ago today, I went for a little stroll… and in the words of Edith Piaf, je ne regrette rien! #LongWalkToFreedomOfSpeech."
Morgan also recently received backlash after controversially comparing his fight for "freedom of speech" to that of the late Nelson Mandela's fight for freedom during South Africa's Apartheid.
Watch: Piers Morgan Announces Details Of New TalkTV Show