The draw for the $1.65 million, Grade 1 Preakness was held Monday afternoon in Baltimore.
Epicenter, runner-up in the Kentucky Derby, was named the 6-5 favorite in the morning line. Trained by Steve Asmussen, Epicenter drew the No. 8 post position in the field of nine going 1 3/16 miles at Pimlico Race Course.
Rich Strike, the Kentucky Derby winner, isn't racing.
Along with Epicenter, the field includes two others horses that competed in the Kentucky Derby — Simplification (fourth) and Happy Jack (14th). Kentucky Oaks winner Secret Oath also is in the field and will try to become the seventh filly all-time to win the second leg of the Triple Crown.
Post time for the Preakness is 7:01 p.m. Saturday. The race will be televised live by NBC.
Post position, horse, trainer, jockey, odds
1. Simplification, Antonio Sano, John Velazquez, 6-1
2. Creative Minister, Kenny McPeek, Brian Hernandez Jr., 10-1
3. Fenwick, Kevin McKathan, Florent Geroux , 50-1
4. Secret Oath, D. Wayne Lukas, Luis Saez, 9-2
5. Early Voting, Chad Brown, Jose Ortiz, 7-2
6. Happy Jack, Doug O'Neill, Tyler Gaffalione, 30-1
7. Armagnac, Tim Yakteen, Irad Oritz Jr., 12-1
8. Epicenter, Steve Asmussen, Joel Rosario, 6-5
9. Skippylongstocking, Saffie Joseph Jr., Junior Alvarado, 20-1
Jason Frakes: 502-582-4046; firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @KentuckyDerbyCJ.
This article originally appeared on Louisville Courier Journal: Preakness post positions 2022: Draw, odds, full field and more