The royal baby is here!
On May 6, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex welcomed a 7 lb. 3 oz. baby boy. Prince Harry, in a short interview, said the couple is “over the moon.”
Maybe not so ecstatic with how everything went down? Royal publicists.
An announcement that Meghan, 37, had gone into labor in the early hours of Monday morning was followed by another — just one hour later — that she had safely delivered a son at 5:26 a.m.
A royal commentator suggested that palace aides were possibly kept out of the loop on labor details, explaining the timing.
Speaking to the BBC, Katie Nicholl said, “I don’t know how much this has caught the palace press office by surprise as well, it’s happened very quickly. ... It gives you some indication of how private this birth has been kept.”
The BBC‘s royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell added, “It is another measure of how determined [Harry and Meghan] are to just keep everybody at bay.” He continued, “I think it’s a reflection particularly of Harry’s suspicion, verging at times, still slightly hostile attitude to elements of the traditional British media.”
When Yahoo contacted Buckingham Palace after the announcement Meghan was in labour, it seemed they were unaware that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s son had already been born.
In the lead-up to the birth of their first child, Harry and Meghan announced that details around the birth would be kept private. The first photographs of the newborn are expected within the coming days.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle: