Watch: Tom Felton taken to hospital after golf course collapse
Tom Felton has told worried fans he is "on the mend" after his recent collapse during a celebrity golf match.
The Harry Potter star was taken ill on Thursday at the Whistling Straits golf course in Wisconsin, with pictures showing him on a stretcher as he was carried from the scene.
Felton has now posted a health update via a video on his Instagram account, in order to reassure those who have been concerned about his wellbeing.
He confessed that his collapse was a "scary episode" and thanked fans for offering their messages of support to him during his hospital stay.
Felton added: "People have been taking really good care of me, so thank you very much to anyone who has sent messages of get well soon.
"I am on the mend officially, in case you were worried. Thank you so much for your help, I’m on the road to recovery."
Felton's collapse came as he represented Europe in a six-a-side celebrity gold tournament ahead of the Ryder Cup.
The 34-year-old actor did not reveal the cause of his medical emergency, but fans were relieved to learn that his condition has improved.
Felton rose to fame when he landed the role of the villainous Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter franchise, playing the role from 2001 until 2011, having originally auditioned to play both the leading role and Harry's best friend Ron Weasley.
Since the franchise came to an end, he has appeared in numerous independent films and, most recently, popped up in Netflix horror tale A Babysitter's Guide to Monster Hunting.
He is set to star alongside Jonathan Pryce and Samantha Morton in Save the Cinema, which tells the story of a Welsh hairdresser who mounted a campaign to save her local theatre in the 1990s.
Filming took place earlier this year under strict COVID-19 restrictions, with the movie earmarked for release in January 2022.
Meanwhile, fans hoping to see Felton return to the world of Potter might have a long to wait, with the star saying in 2019 that he doesn't think it's likely the cast will reprise their roles.
Felton was asked whether he'd be willing to play Malfoy again if a big screen adaptation of stage production Harry Potter and the Cursed Child became a reality.
“I don’t think it will be reprised, to be honest with you,” he told Red Carpet News TV. “I think it was a wonderful eight chapters, and everything that needed to be done was done.”
He added: “I think they will take it further on in their own direction, but we’re all still immensely proud to be part of it and we’re glad that it’s still as popular as it once was.”
Watch: Tom Felton responds to Emma Watson romance rumours