A tourist had the shock of her life when she dropped and broke a bracelet in a shop and found out it was worth a cool $40,000.
The unnamed woman was quite taken with the beautiful greenish-blue bangle at the stall in the jade market in Ruili city, China.
However, while she was inspecting its smooth edges, the woman accidentally let the bracelet slip out of her hands and it fell and cracked in two after hitting the floor.
In a state of panic, she stared blankly at shopkeepers who told her the jewelry was valued at $40,000.
Footage from the market shows the immediate aftermath of that conversation, with the woman left unconscious in her family member’s arms after finding out how much her accident was going to cost her.
Her relatives tried their best to wake her up, but later had to lie her on the ground so she could recover from her shock.
According to witnesses, the jade sellers refused the family’s offer of paying a little over $9,000 in damages due to the fact the figure wasn’t even enough for them to break even.
In the end, the shopkeepers settled for an eye-watering $23,500 from the woman’s relatives.
Read more from Yahoo Style + Beauty:
- Melania Trump Loves Pink — and She Wore the Color Again to the President’s D.C. Fundraiser
- Earlobe Fillers Are the Next Non-Surgical Cosmetic Trend
- A Leslie Jones Tweet Inspired This Woman’s Pride Dress