President Trump set his sights on “wacky & totally unhinged” liberal megadonor Tom Steyer Friday.
“Wacky & totally unhinged Tom Steyer, who has been fighting me and my Make America Great Again agenda from beginning, never wins elections!” Trump tweeted Friday.
Though Trump didn’t mention what he was upset about, Steyer has spent $10 million in airtime for a minute-long commercial calling for Trump’s impeachment and labeling the president “a clear and present danger who’s mentally unstable and armed with nuclear weapons.”
Steyer is a California-based hedge fund manager turned founder and president of NextGen America, an advocacy organization promoting progressive candidates and causes, particularly environmental protection and clean energy. Forbes estimated Steyer spent approximately $90 million in the 2016 election cycle.
In the ad, Steyer says of Trump, “He’s brought us to the brink of nuclear war, obstructed justice at the FBI, and in direct violation of the Constitution, has taken money from foreign governments, threatened to shut down news organizations that report the truth.”
The commercial aired during “Fox & Friends” for the first time Friday, according to Politico. Minutes after firing off his missive about Steyer, Trump thanked the program without context.
“Really great job and show!” Trump wrote.
Read more from Yahoo News:
- Democrats used to campaign on class — and win. It’s time to do it again.
- In a devastated Puerto Rican landscape, getting by on tenacity, patience and the kindness of neighbors
- Behind Flake’s decision to bow out of Senate, a disillusioning, disheartening year
- San Juan mayor calls for canceling ‘alarming’ contract for Puerto Rican power repairs
- Photos: Revisiting the assassination of JFK, as some of the last files are opened