Stocks look to hit new record highs at the open as investors have a lot to digest. U.S. jobless claims missed expectations, as the GOP prepares to push a new budget plan through the House today. Yahoo Finance’s Alexis Christoforous, Editor-in-Chief Andy Serwer, Dan Roberts and president of Chapin Hill Advisors Kathy Boyle discuss the big stories of the day.
- Employment growth fell in September: ADP
- Why GOP budget passage is key to tax cuts
- Is it too late to buy stocks?
- SeaWorld soars on potential deal with Merlin: rpts
- Alcohol distributor Constellation up on higher beer sales
- Marcato expects Ugg-maker stock to more than double by 2020
- Amazon tests its own delivery service
- UPS / FedEx lower on Amazon’s announcement of a new delivery service
- Adidas will open a ‘Speedfactory’ near Atlanta
- Equifax hack leads White House to explore ID beyond SSN
What would you like to see replace #SocialSecurity numbers?
– National driver’s license
– Retinal scan/fingerprint
– Don’t replace them