Yummy Answers is about answering all the questions you might have about kitchen hacks, tiktok recipes, old wives’ tales (for the kitchen) and more.
Fried ice-cream when done right, is incredible and a perfect treat on any day. But is it worth the hassle making it at home, especially when you need to work with huge quantity of oil just to fry something? When we came across an air-fried ice cream hack, we knew we had to try it.
This month, we answer the question: What happens when we air-fry ice-cream?
Want to try it for yourself? Here’s the recipe.
Nuts of choice, crushed
Cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon
Corn starch, 1 teaspoon
Egg whites x2
Ice cream of choice. We love the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream from Ben & Jerry!
1) Combine cornflakes, nuts, cinnamon together and blend till fine.
2) Crack 2 eggs and gently extract the yolk, leaving the egg whites behind.
3) Beat egg whites till frothy. Alternatively, whisk it with a handheld frother.
4) Scoop a ball of ice cream and dunk it in the egg froth.
5) After that, coat the wet ice cream generously with the blend at Step 1. This will form the crust of the fried ice-cream.
6) Preheat the air-fryer to 180C and place a foil of aluminium in the air fryer.
7) Pop it in for 2 minutes tops.
8) Extract it gently, drizzle with topping of choice and serve!