Princess Charlene of Monaco Will Reportedly Be Returning Home Soon

·1 min read
Photo credit: SC Pool - Corbis - Getty Images
Photo credit: SC Pool - Corbis - Getty Images

After months of speculation, it's still not entirely clear when Princess Charlene of Monaco will be returning home to her family, but her husband, Prince Albert, has assured the public that it will be "very soon."

The princess has been grounded in Monaco since May, when what was meant to be a brief trip to promote her wildlife conservation work was unexpectedly extended due to an infection that prevented her from being able to fly. The issue ultimately required surgical intervention, but it appears that Charlene is well on the road to recovery, as Prince Albert told People that he anticipates doctors will clear her to travel within days. "She's in good form and much better spirits," he told the publication. "She will be here way before [Monaco's] National Day, November 19."

"Obviously she misses the children, and they miss her," Albert added of the couple's 6-year-old twins Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella. "We all miss her."

Though Albert and the children came to visit Charlene in South Africa over the summer, the family has been largely separated since this spring. "I cannot wait to get home to my children, who I miss terribly," she said in an interview shared to her Instagram earlier this month. "I think if there is any mom out there who has been separated from her children for months, [she] would feel the same way I feel."

While the royal couple has been vehement that Charlene's health has been the only thing keeping her away from her family, the extended separation has inspired some rumors of strife within the marriage, particularly relating to the latest round of scandal that Albert has found himself embroiled in.

You Might Also Like

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting